The communication interface is particularly important for the docking of information and products. The interface types of RFID readers are mainly divided into wired interfaces and wireless interfaces. Wired interfaces generally have a variety of communication interfaces, such as: serial ports, network ports or other communication interfaces. Wireless interfaces are mainly Connect with WIFI, Bluetooth, etc. Different interfaces can meet the needs of different application scenarios.
RFID reader interface type:
1. Wired interfaces include USB, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP, RJ45, WG26/34, industrial bus, other customized data interfaces, etc.
1) USB refers to the "Universal Serial Bus", is also called as "Serial Line", which is an external bus standard for connecting computer systems and external devices, and is also a technical specification for input and output interfaces in connecting and communicating with external equipment. It is widely used in information and communication products such as personal computers and mobile devices, and can be widely connected to mice, keyboards, printers, scanners, cameras, flash drives, mobile phones, digital cameras, mobile hard drives, external optical drives or floppy drives, USB network cards, etc.
2) RS485 adopts balanced transmission and differential reception, so it has the ability to suppress common-mode interference. In addition, the bus transceiver has high sensitivity and can detect voltages as low as 200mV, so the transmission signal can be recovered thousands of meters away. RS485 adopts half-duplex working mode, and only one point is in the sending state at any time. RS485 is very convenient for multi-point interconnection, which can save many signal lines. Applying RS485 can be networked to form a distributed system, which allows up to 32 parallel connections drivers and 32 receivers. When the communication distance is required to be tens of meters to thousands of meters, the RS485 serial bus standard is widely used.
3) RS232 is currently one of common communication interfaces for RFID readers. It is mainly a serial physical interface standard formulated by the American Electronics Industries Association EIA. RS is the abbreviation of "recommended standard" in English, 232 is the identification number, RS232 is the regulation of electrical characteristics and physical characteristics, it only acts on the data transmission path, and it does not include the processing method of data. Since the RS232 interface standard appeared earlier, there are naturally deficiencies. Since RS-232 is a single-ended signal transmission, there are problems such as common ground noise and common mode interference; and the transmission distance is relatively short, generally used within 20m Communication; the transmission rate is low, in asynchronous transmission, the baud rate is 20Kbps; the signal level value of the interface is high, and the chip of the interface circuit is easy to be damaged.
4) Ethernet works at the bottom layer, which is the data link layer. Ethernet is a widely used local area network, including standard Ethernet (10Mbit/s), Fast Ethernet (100Mbit/s) and 10G (10Gbit/s) Ethernet. It is not a specific network, but a technical specification. This standard defines the cable type and signal processing method used in the local area network (LAN). Ethernet transmits information packets at a rate of 10 to 100 Mbps between interconnected devices. Twisted pair cable 10BaseT Ethernet has become a widely used Ethernet technology because of its low cost, high reliability and 10Mbps speed.
5) TCP/IP is the transmission control protocol/Internet interconnection protocol, also known as the network communication protocol. It is the basic protocol of the Internet and the foundation of the Internet. TCP/IP defines how electronic devices connect to the Internet and how data is transmitted between them. The protocol adopts a 4-layer hierarchical structure, and each layer calls the protocol provided by its next layer to complete its own need. In layman's terms, TCP is responsible for discovering transmission problems, sending a signal when there is a problem, and requiring retransmission until all data is safely and correctly transmitted to the destination.
6) The RJ45 interface is usually used for data transmission, and the more common application is the network card interface. RJ45 is a type of various connectors. There are two ways to sort RJ45 connectors according to the line, one is orange-white, orange, green-white, blue, blue-white, green, brown-white, brown; the other is green-white, green, orange-white, blue, blue-white, orange, brown-white, and brown; therefore, there are two types of lines using RJ45 connectors: straight-through lines and crossover lines.
7) The Wiegand protocol is an internationally unified standard and is a communication protocol developed by Motorola. It applies to many characteristics of readers and tags involved in access control systems. The standard 26-bit should be a commonly used format, and there are also 34-bit, 37-bit and other formats. The standard 26-bit format is an open format, which means that anyone can buy a HID card in a specific format, and the types of these specific formats are open and optional. The 26-Bit format is a widely used industry standard and is open to all HID users. Almost all access control systems accept the standard 26-Bit format.
2. The wireless interface is mainly used for data transmission at the wireless end. Common wireless interfaces include infrared, Bluetooth, WIFI, GPRS, 3G/4G and other wireless protocols.
Different RFID readers support different protocols and performances depending on their usage. You can choose the appropriate device according to the needs of the project. Shenzhen Handheld-Wireless Technology Co,Ltd. has been independently developing and producing RFID handheld reader writer for more than ten years, various interfaces can be customized to meet your application needs.